Saturday, November 26, 2011

Design Variety Into Your Farm

So after I get the goats set up in their new home and after I finish installing the fencing I need to keep them in I will have to immediately turn my attention to building a chicken coop. I don't have much money, nor do I want to spend much money, but I do want to create a home for my hens that will be both beautiful and functional.

Here are a few really nice chicken coops I've found on the interwebs, but I want more ideas, I have been particularly interested in trying to craft a fiber chicken coop out of bamboo and sturdy vine fibers.



1. Coop on a stick, I've seen several variations on this theme and it is quite charming especially for the backyard chuke enthuiast. Seems quite nice for certain types of varmit control as well.
2. I call this one the "Foghorn Leghorn" coop, it reminds of the old  Warner Brother cartoons, though I'm not sure why.
3. This coop has a green roof which will keep it cooler in the summer and bring in yummy bugs for your chukes to gnosh on.
4. The outhouse coop, this is a charming design for your backyard or urban plot.
5. "Rustic" Not really sure about this one, but I like how cobbled together from natural materials it is, this kind of work CAN BE both functional and gorgeous.
6. The "Noog" pure ellegance.
7. The "Garden Club" this one is super simple, very clean and wonderfully bright. How many garden club members have chicken coops at their back porches?
8. Finally, I call this one the "Mayberry" I like the idea of a whole chicken farm made up of little tiny replicas of town dwellings, you could even make one that looks like a train at the station.


Do you have a coop already that is your pride and joy, send us a picture in the comments, or better yet, what would your dream coop look like? Draw us up some plans and send them our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment